Planning to go feline for the big Halloween Party? Stand out from the cat-costumed crowd this year. Instead of wearing the usual cat ears and drawing whiskers on your face, use chalk markers to spice up your very own, one-of-a-kind Halloween Cat Mask!
We have the perfect Cat Mask template ready for you. Have you subscribed to us? If so, you can download our free Cat Mask template right now. If you have not subscribed yet, don’t worry! It's easy and totally free!
Download your free cat mask template here.
Now, are you ready to meow the night away with this easy DIY chalkboard Cat Mask? All you need is a chalkboard vinyl sheet, a printer, a sheet of plain paper, a piece of elastic string and chalk markers of your choice. We recommend neon liquid chalk markers to set the perfect colorful tone for a Halloween Party!
- After you have downloaded and printed your free cat mask template, trim your vinyl sheet to the size of the template. Then simply remove the protective backing from the vinyl sheet and stick it on the template printout. Make sure to apply it to the NON-PRINTED side of the template!
- Using a pair of scissors, cut out the cat mask from the template, including the eyeholes.
- After you’ve cut out the mask, poke small holes at the lower left- and lower right-hand corners of the cat mask. You will see why you need these holes in a few minutes.
- This is the fun part. Using your liquid chalk markers, you can draw and color your own design on the face of the mask. How about trying a leopard print (or even tiger print!) on the vinyl sheet? On the other hand, some costume-makers draw skulls and bones for extra scare power. It is completely up to you!
- Now that you’ve designed and colored your mask, glue the tabs together to forms the mask into shape. A glue gun is a very helpful tool for this step, but any good glue will work.
- Don’t forget to stick the ears on, too!
- You’re almost done! The last item you need is the elastic string. Run it through the holes you created earlier and tie knots on both ends to hold it in place. This, of course, is the string that will hold the mask in place.
- The last step? Enjoy being The. Best. Cat. at tonight’s Halloween Party!
Make sure you’re ready to get a lot of compliments and answer questions about how and where you got your Cat Mask. You can brag about how you didn't have to spend a lot of money on your costume, which is a big bonus. On top of that, you made your own mask! Make the most of your Halloween Party this year with a little bit of chalk marker flare, and of course, be safe!