Finding it hard to find the right gift for dear old Dad this Father’s Day? Sometimes the best gifts can be made from the things he always uses. My dad likes to drink cold beer in a mug and this sends my DIY senses into hyperdrive, because it means I can use liquid chalk markers for a special Father’s Day chalkboard project!
This fun craft is so simple to create that even the kids can do it! However, just be prepared if they ask about what’s being poured into it. Remember, alcohol is not for minors.
Super Cool DIY Chalkboard "Best Dad" Beer Mug Father's Day Gift
- To get your DIY Best Dad Chalkboard Beer Mug project started, all you need is a clear glass beer mug. You can purchase one at a dollar store, although I already had a bunch of beer mugs at home that could be repurposed.
- Get a piece of clean white paper and draw out the lettering on the sheet.
In this case, I went with “Super Dad.” But you may have better ideas—let your creativity loose! You can use your imagination and draw other designs as well. Something that describes dad and his passion, for example. My dad likes to tinker with electronics, so drawing circuits seemed pretty cool!
- Once you've finished your design, place the sheet inside the beer mug. Position it so that the drawing can be seen from the outside. Make sure it doesn’t move around. Using a small piece of tape to hold it in place can help.
- Grab your liquid chalkboard markers in dad’s favorite colors and fill in the design pattern and/or lettering on the surface of the mug. Make sure to fill in every space.
- Remove the sheet of paper and the small piece of tape from the inside of the mug, let the marker ink dry, and you’re done!
It is really that simple! Sometimes Dad needs something personalized for Father’s Day, something that reminds him that he is loved and that he is the greatest dad in the world! And sometimes he’s happily surprised at how imaginative his kids can be with their liquid chalkboard markers. Try this fun DIY project now for Father’s Day!