There is nothing better than having a home full of beautiful, fresh, vibrant flowers for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or any other occasion — unless you don't have enough vases to put them in! Before you run off to the store and drop all kinds of cash, check out this easy and fun project to create your own one-of-a-kind chalkboard vases without breaking the bank!
Let's face it, having too many flowers and not enough vases is a good problem to have. One of the best things about a DIY chalkboard vase is that it's easy to erase your design and completely reinvent it for the next special occasion or to match your latest home décor update. It's like having an infinite supply of custom vases at your disposal!
What we love most about all chalk art crafts, though, is the way they enable you to "make it personal," in the best possible way. We want you to have the thrill of receiving the best of all compliments on your chalk-themed décor: It's just so YOU! So let us show you now how to turn a bottle destined for the recycling bin into a stunning vase that turns heads.
What You Need:
- Wine bottle or other classy glass vessel
- Chalkboard contact paper
- Liquid chalk markers — classic white + other colors if you wish!
How To Create Your Own Personalized Chalk Art Vase
- Simply peel the backing off the chalkboard contact paper sheet and carefully wrap the sheet around the bottle. Be patient and work slowly to avoid creating wrinkles. If air bubbles exist, gently drag the edge of a credit card outward from the center of the sheet to its edge to smooth the bubbles away. You may need to use more than one piece of contact paper or cut small slits in the paper to handle the curves on the bottle's surface. Remember, the contact paper can be easily removed and repositioned if you don't get it right the first time. Once you have the bottle completely covered, trim off any excess contact paper at the edges.
- Now grab your chalkboard markers and write your loving or witty message on your brand new, custom-made vase. Add any design elements that come to mind — hearts for Valentine's Day, a baby carriage for Mother's Day, a cake with candles for that special someone's birthday, or whatever fits you and your recipient's personalities!
- Just like that, you have crafted your very own personalized vase that you can redesign for any occasion for years to come!!
Working with chalk markers and instant chalkboard surfaces is a joy. You can get in touch with your artsy side and save a lot of money at the same time. Chalkboard sheets can last for several years and chalk marker ink is non-fading but easily erasable with water, so this chalk art DIY project gives you the best of both worlds: long-lasting beauty that can be updated or completely revamped whenever your heart desires!
We hope you love creating your chalkboard art vases as much as we did! What other everyday objects are you turning into unique chalk art Valentine's Day gifts and décor this year? Tag your images on Instagram with #versachalk for a chance to be featured in our stream!