Have you been spending a lot on vases? I mean, do you really have to spend that much on vases? Some of us keep on changing vases and decorative pieces every now and then when the design trend goes off, or if you do a major room makeover. So, why not create your own vase design without breaking your pockets and a sweat! The best thing about a DIY chalkboard vase is that you can also change its design whenever you like it.
Just like every mom out there, I used to buy a lot of expensive vases to match every corner of my home. Then, I came to know about chalkboards and how they can help me save time and money in creating different DIY projects.
And one of the projects that I really enjoy to work on is chalkboard vases. Here, I’ll show you how you can turn your old vases into a piece of art.
What You Need:
- Chalkboard contact paper or Chalkboard Spray (choose your preference)
- Chalkboard Markers
How To Make Chalkboard Vase
- Start by spraying the chalkboard spray all over the vase and wait for it to dry for a few hours.
- Do a thin coat on your first spray.
- After it dries, apply your second coat and let it dry completely. Drying works faster when you put it under the sun.
- If you prefer to use chalkboard contact papers, you may do so.
- Simply peel off the sheet and carefully wrap it around your vase.
- You can easily smoothen the surface by putting a little pressure while you rub the sheet on the vase to remove the air bubbles. If you didn’t get it right the first time, you can easily remove the sheet and reposition it.
- After drying your vase (using chalkboard spray) or removing the excess sheet at the edges of the vase (using chalkboard contact papers), you can start working on your design ideas.
- Grab those colorful chalkboard markers and start sketching your personalized design on the vase.
- And you’re done! You now have your very own personalized vase!
Working with chalkboards is really enjoyable, you can get in touch with your artsy side and at the same time save a lot of money. Not to mention that chalkboard sheets, sprays, and other chalkboard products are highly durable, it will definitely make your projects to last a lifetime!
Do you love the DIY chalkboard vase project idea? Go and grab your liquid chalk markers and chalkboard tools and start creating your DIY chalkboard vase!