Printed advertisements and menus can cost you thousands of dollars. Not to mention that they are static. But with chalkboards, you can have a black canvas where you can create different artworks. You can have a whole wall or a piece of framed chalkboard that you can use to design and advertise your business.
Chalkboard art is perfect for bars and restaurants. You can set the mood and at the same time drive sales. And the most enticing part of using chalkboard in your diner is it’s cheap and doesn’t require too much effort to create. And you’ll never have to worry about putting down a signage for replacement, you can simply wipe-off the designs on your chalkboard and replace it with a new design by using liquid chalk markers.
What Businesses Use Chalkboards?
Known to all entrepreneurs, signage is one of the economical ways to drive sales. It lets people know what you can offer. However, not all types of signage are equal. Some are more effective than others but come with a higher cost and some are much cheaper but not too impressive to increase foot traffic.
But when it comes to chalkboards, you can enjoy both worlds. You can save a lot since DIY chalkboard projects are budget-friendly and at the same time versatile. You can easily customize and create any designs as often as you want with the use of liquid chalk markers.
Here are some of the businesses that use chalkboards as a part of their marketing strategy and the chalkboard DIY projects that they created to help their business flourish. And all chalkboard projects they made were proven to be effective.
Most diners used chalkboards as their menu board. It made changing menus a convenient task to do. They simply wipe-off the name of the dish that has already been sold out for the day or no longer being offered and those new dishes they promote. It created a more informative way to let customers know what order is available right after they step in the diner.
Some also used chalkboards as storefront signage. They customize it with their latest promo or a new dish that they offer. Others would put an eye-catching sign that would make people laugh or raise curiosity, making customers excited, amused and eager to check out their diner.
Most bars use chalkboard store front signage. They put in details of “happy hours” offering discounted beer prices. Some are being humorous, they scribble phrases, that would make people laugh and at the same time encouraging enough to entice customers to check out the place.
While most owners also use chalkboards as their menu board at the bar area, some would be more creative and use chalkboard trays. They would write down their “best sellers” on the chalkboard tray while serving the cocktails. It is one of the effective ways to let your customers know what they can try on your menu.
Aside from storefront chalkboard signage, trays, and board menus, coffee shops make mornings more exciting by using chalkboard mugs and chalkboard coffee cups. Yes, you read it right, chalkboard mugs. Instead of scribbling down names, messages or quotes on to-go cups, customers now prefer having their fresh brewed latte in a ceramic up. It makes them feel more valued as you write down messages on chalkboard mugs, it makes the experience more personalized.
And on the owner’s side, using washable chalkboard mugs are economical. Less purchasing of to-go cups and they can take advantage of redesigning their mugs with liquid chalk markers as often as they want.
Some of the coffee shops also use chalkboard table top menu. A simple framed chalkboard placed on top of the coffee table can show customers the best cake of the day.
Benefits of Using Chalkboards
Chalkboards are cheap to make. Simply purchase chalkboard contact paper or vinyl sheets and packs of liquid chalk markers and you’re done! You can put up the sheets on the wall or frame it and you’ll have your own DIY chalkboard menu to use in your business.
You will never have to repurchase a signage or a menu board again when you start using chalkboards. You can simply wipe-off the design you made and recreate a new craft using liquid chalk markers.
Create any crafts with chalkboards. The ideas are unlimited! You can make chalkboard menu, trays, mugs, table top boards, hanging chalkboards and other stuff to help your business flourish. They are all budget-friendly and easy to make.
Regardless if you will use chalkboard materials for your DIY projects or purchase ready-made chalkboards, they are durable and will last for years. They will protect any surface from dust, stains and other corrosive materials. Just be sure that you pick the highest quality chalkboards to ensure durability.
Chalkboard materials easy to use. DIY projects will just be a walk in the park even if you are not the artistic type of person. And since it’s extremely handy, you can easily think of numerous ideas on how you can use them to help in advertising your business.
Any customer who would pass by your diner will definitely be captured with the artful appearance of your chalkboard. With all the printed signage, tarpaulins and banners found almost everywhere, chalkboards will definitely standout as unique craft., it will never go unnoticed.
What Are the Best ChalkBoards and Chalkboard Materials to Use?
When you plan to create a wall of a menu, then, using a chalkboard contact paper is the best for you. They are similar to wallpapers. They are super adhesive and you can easily stick them to your wall. You can conveniently reposition them if ever you didn’t get it right on your first try.
Chalkboard contact papers can also be cut into your desired size and can serve as stickers. You can use it to cover trays, mugs, and tables to turn them into chalkboards.
These sheets are perfect for indoor and outdoor use. They are made of high-quality vinyl materials and would definitely last for years. You can create banners, signs or a chalkboard wall calendar. Some use them on a tabletop or as a shelf liner in restaurants.
They are also highly durable wherein they are proven to be microwave, dishwasher, fridge, and freezer safe.
If you don’t have the time to create your own chalkboard menus, you can easily purchase a ready-made one. Here are some of the ready-made chalkboards and how you can use them to help you to advertise your business.
- Kickstand Chalkboard - You can use this as a tabletop menu chalkboard. You can simply write your “specials” for the day and make it more convenient for customers to know what you offer.
- Hanging Chalkboard – This is typically used as a decoration in establishments. Some business owners draft a unique design on the chalkboards and hang them on every corner of their diner or coffee shops. Some also use them as a hanging menu board. You can choose between a framed or a frameless chalkboard for a more rustic look.
- A-Frame Chalkboard – This can be used as a storefront signage. It is highly durable and can last for years even when placed outdoors. This is a perfect advertising material for restaurants, bars and coffee shops.
- Liquid Chalk Markers – most chalkboard users prefer liquid chalk markers compared to traditional chalks. Here are the reasons why:
- They are nonpermanent and easy to erase. With liquid chalk markers, you can customize your chalkboard designs as often as you want. It only takes a wet cloth to remove previous markings and redesign your chalkboard.
- Liquid Chalk Markers are dustless. You will never have to worry about messy chalk dust and breathing them in.
- They are perfect to use when creating designs. Liquid Chalk Markers create sharper lines, making it the ideal tool to make complicated designs. They also produce brighter and smoother lines, unlike the traditional chalk. And also, you can make attractive designs and images as they come in different colors.
- Liquid Chalk Marker is the practical choice. You can write on all non-porous surfaces such as glass, plastic materials, metal platters and faux-wood. Decorating ideas are no limits with these amazing markers. Plus, you can take it anywhere and everywhere, they easily fit in your pocket without the dust stains that traditional chalks leave.
With the endless possibilities with chalkboards, more and more business owners are now into this new form of advertising to help them grow their profits. They are much affordable, easy to make, provide unique and customizable designs and are highly durable. So, what are you waiting for? Get those amazing chalkboards now and start raising your sales to the roof!
So, what are you waiting for? Get those amazing chalkboards now and start raising your sales to the roof!