Tired of those judgey school moms and their perfect First Day of School photos on social media?
The first day of school can often be somewhat chaotic, even when you think you have it together and somehow, we always forget something. And the morning ends up with burnt toast, someone is missing a sneaker and you are pulling your kids' favorite childhood stuffed animal out of your dog’s mouth for twenty minutes. And suddenly, you realize you forgot to do the one thing that really mattered that morning, preparing for that Back to School photo that every mom will post that day.
And then there’s you, who ends up posting a picture of your kids holding a piece of copy paper you quickly grabbed from your printer as the bus is pulling up with a scribbled “First Day of School” and the date on it from an almost dried out pink highlighter (because of course that was all you could find) and screaming for them to look at you for 5 seconds so you can snap a photo before the bus pulls away without them, yet you were so determined to get that perfect first day of school picture for social media and prove that you are the mom that never forgets that first day photo. We applaud your efforts because we know the morning felt more like a CrossFit class.
Don’t worry, we know what it’s really like, and we won’t tell. We are here to help and prepare you ahead of time so you can actually enjoy the morning with your little ones and create more of a memory than just capturing one in a photo. Document this special moment with our FREE First Day of School Photo Printables!
Check It Out in 3 Easy Steps!
These printables are high- quality graphics, created by VersaChalk artists and most importantly, Judgement Free!
- Download our FREE First Day of School Printables.
- Print out on any 8.5x11 inch paper or print on our chalkboard vinyl sheets!
- Fill it out! Brighten it up using our Neon or Classic liquid chalk markers.
Decorate their back-to-school chalkboard (or let them do it themselves!).
Download, print and write!
These First Day of School Printables are available in two colors:
- White for black and white printers
- Full Color for colored printers.
Download both versions here.
How do I print these chalkboard printables?
- These can be printed using any at-home printer! (Note: you can use photo paper but writing with black ink can smudge the copy.) We prefer using thick paper or vinyl sheets.
Do I have to print it on thick paper?
- No need! You can print this on ordinary paper. Just wait 3-5 minutes for the ink to dry.
- If you want to print on thicker paper, we recommend choosing 250-300 gsm paper. GSM refers to the thickness and can be found on the paper's packaging.
How do I get the chalkboard background?
- The chalkboard design is already part of the design that will be directly printed on the paper. There's no need to buy a chalkboard!
Where can I find the plain printable? I only see the colored one!
- The PDF file has two pages. The plain chalkboard printable is on page two.
So get ready to be the most envied Mom at school and have everybody talking about your awesome First Day of School sign that looks like it took you all week to make! Oh and of course they are talking about your adorable kids too!!
If you experience issues with the file, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help out!