Do you want to turn your old breakfast table tray into an all-around artsy tray that will inspire and motivate you? If you do, then, roll-up your sleeves and I’ll show you how to create yet another awesome and easy chalkboard art project which you can certainly use at home! You just need an old, plain table tray, liquid chalk markers, some chalkboard vinyl sheets or chalkboard contact papers.
How to Create a DIY Chalkboard Tray
Things You Will Need:
- Breakfast table tray or any table tray of your preference
- Medium Coarse Sandpaper
- Fine Grade Sandpaper
- Chalkboard Vinyl Sheets or Chalkboard Contact Paper
1. If you have a table tray with paint already chipping off or you don’t like the existing color it has, then the perfect stuff to use to remove it is by using a medium coarse sandpaper. Grab a sandpaper and start rubbing the surface of your table tray. To smoothen out the surface, use the fine grade sandpaper after all the paint has been removed.
If your tray is made of acrylic or plastic, you can just clean the surface with a wet cloth and wipe it after with a dry cloth.
3. Cover the top surface with the sheets. You can easily remove and reposition the chalkboard sheets if it is out of proportion on your first try.
4. After the sticky work is done, you are all set! You can now design and do whatever you want with your newly refurbished, all-around and cost-effective DIY chalkboard tray.
Endless Ideas To Use Your Chalkboard Table Tray
Here are some of the things that you can do with your DIY chalkboard tray:
Mini Office Table
You can use it as a laptop table and a notepad at the same time. Scribble some notes on your chalkboard tray such as reminders, memos or anything that you need to take note of. Now, who needs Post-it notes when you have this awesome tray?
Sweet Breakfast Table Tray
Who wouldn’t want to wake up with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and hot bagel in the morning? How about a loving message that goes with it? That will definitely brighten even the dullest day! With a chalkboard table tray, you can serve breakfast and add sweet nothings written on it. You can simply be artistically sweet and scribble words like “Have a Great Day” or just say “You are the Best”, this will surely put a smile on your loved one's face as they get out of bed and head to work.
Portable Art Table
Let your kids play and enjoy their new chalkboard tray table. Just hand them a box of liquid chalk markers and let them do their own art anytime and anywhere they want.
Chalkboard trays are simply amazing and very useful all the same. They are easy to make and doesn’t cost a lot. You can use them on hundreds of things and will definitely add fun and excitement inside your home. So, go ahead, make your own DIY chalkboard tray today and let your ideas flow.
What designs do you have in mind for your DIY chalkboard tray? Share with us at the comments below!