Want a DIY project that reminds you of the summer and the sea? Using liquid chalk markers, it is entirely possible!
Here is a chalkboard art project that you can surely enjoy. When it comes to summer, the sea calls to me every day. I always look forward to the next summer vacation trip. As the days loom closer, for some reason it always seems so far away. What gets me excited are the little reminders that I carry with me from my DIY projects.
How to Make DIY Chalkboard Sea Creature Bookmarks With Liquid Chalk Markers
- All you need is a sheet of chalkboard paper, or any construction paper, and liquid chalk markers. The colorful the chalk markers, the better.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut out the paper into circles, half circles, rectangles or squares, and fold in half to achieve a sort of 2D dimension. This depends on the size and shape of the sea creature you want to use as a bookmark.
- When you are ready to draw, pick your favorite sea creature. If you’re having trouble, you can also think of a particular sea creature that you are attracted to when you go to the beach or when you go diving in the ocean. I like to look at shells, whether it is in the water or on the shores. In this case, I’m using a clam shaped sheet of chalkboard paper.
- Pick your favorite color (there are no color rules when it comes to coloring) and draw your sea creature on the sheet. Use different colors and textures by playing with different liquid chalk marker tips.
- Draw as many as you like to create your summer bookmarks.
This DIY project is perfect for anybody. This can serve as great gifts to friends and family who love to read books, too. Summer is not just about the sun, it can be about the sea as well.
Be quirky, creative and appreciative of nature by adding these cool sea creatures this summer in your DIY chalkboard art must-try list. Have fun creating DIY projects with liquid chalk markers with friends and family, and unleash your creativity!